Terms and Conditions
1. Tenant is responsible for full payment for the entire rental period.
2. Your reservation is secured upon receipt of BOTH the signed Rental Confirmation Agreement, and the initial deposit. Unfortunately, we cannot “hold” rental properties without a deposit.
3. In the event of a cancellation by the Tenant, we will make every attempt to re-rent the property. If we are successful, the deposit will be refunded less a 12.5% rebooking fee. If the cottage is re-rented for a shorter time or at a lesser price, only a portion of your deposit, less the 12.5% fee will be returned to you. If we are unable to re-rent the cottage, no refunds are available. For this reason, travel insurance is highly recommended.
4. Occupancy (including small children and infants) is not to exceed the number noted on the lease agreement. Parking limitations are also noted in the lease. Parking on the lawn is not allowed due to septic concerns. No recreational vehicles, trailers, campers or tents are allowed at any time.
5. Property may not be assigned or sublet, and is for Tenant’s use only. All possessions belonging to the Tenant are the sole responsibility of the Tenant.
6. Tenant agrees to adhere to any and all local ordinances relating to noise and occupancy. The premises shall not be used for functions such as weddings, reunions or other events. Any violation of said ordinances may result in immediate termination without refund.
7. All cottages are rented in “as is” condition. Please discuss any concerns with our rental agents. Visits to the cottage prior to signing this agreement can be arranged.
8. Smoking is not allowed indoors, and no animals of any description can be kept in or on the property unless otherwise written permission is granted. Any evidence of pets or smoking will result in immediate termination of tenancy without refund.
9. The Tenant agrees and understands that they are renting a home and unpredictable home malfunctions or damage can occur. Every effort will be made to make repairs in a reasonable amount of time. No refunds will be granted in the event of malfunction of electrical equipment, plumbing, air conditioning, appliances, gas grills, pools or any other amenity. Please report any inoperative equipment to agent promptly.
10. Tenants are asked to use their cell phones for any long-distance calls.
11. In the event of an emergency, owner or owner’s agent may enter the premises immediately in order to perform necessary repairs and maintenance. Visits for normal maintenance may be made with 24-hours’ notice.
12. During the contracted term, Tenant agrees to give Mott & Chace Sotheby’s International Realty notice of any defects or breakage in the structure, equipment or fixtures on the premises within two hours of occupancy. Any cleaning issues should also be addressed during this time period.
13. Tenant shall be responsible for all damages, breakage and/or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear during the contracted term. The Tenant will be billed for any damages, breakage and/or loss during contracted term.
14. Tenant must leave the property in “broom clean” condition. Please review and complete any other items listed on check-out instructions. If rubbish is not put out for pickup per posted dates noted on check-in instructions, Tenant will be billed for special rubbish pickup.
15. If a beach pass is lost or stolen, Tenant is responsible for cost of replacement. Fees vary by beach association.
16. In accordance with the Rhode Island Mandatory Real Estate Relationship Disclosure Law, in this transaction, the Rental Associates of Mott & Chace Sotheby’s International Realty are acting as a Neutral Transaction Facilitator for you, the Tenant. As Transaction Facilitator, the Rental Associates owe the following duties to you as Tenant: to perform agreed upon ministerial acts timely and competently; to perform these acts with honesty, good faith, reasonable skill and care; and to properly account for monies or property placed in the care of principal broker.